Monday, August 15, 2016

Unofficial Parting Shots Contest



Each issue of Knights of the Dinner Table features, one page of fan created comics; AKA: Parting Shots. The submissions are unpaid, but glory my friends, is forever.

This contest is simple. Fill in the dialog. Post it in the Comments. Only one entry will win. For those with cracked monitors, we have a D4, saying something to the business end of a Magic 8-ball, a prediction by the Magic 8-Ball and whatever the Magic 8-Ball thinks (because obviously though D4s can talk, Magic 8-Balls cannot...).

D4 Asks/Says:
Prediction:
Magic-8-Ball's Thought:

If you have an idea that fits the theme, but doesn't fit the text bubbles-post it anyway. I drew this one so likely I'll be able to edit it without too much fuss. Be sure an include your name (or handle) so that I can co-author it within the gag. I'll post the finalists here and decide the winner.

When/if I know which issue the gag publishes I'll post it up here. As I am just a mortal freelancer who submits stuff to the greatest gaming magazine/comic known to man, I cannot guarantee your idea will publish. Sort of a downer, but you'll also have to buy your own issue.

Here is a list (stolen from Wikipedia) of typical Magic-8-Ball Predictions:
  1. It is certain
  2. It is decidedly so
  3. Without a doubt
  4. Yes, definitely
  5. You may rely on it
  6. As I see it, yes
  7. Most likely
  8. Outlook good
  9. Yes
  10. Signs point to yes
  11. Reply hazy try again
  12. Ask again later
  13. Better not tell you now
  14. Cannot predict now
  15. Concentrate and ask again
  16. Don't count on it
  17. My reply is no
  18. My sources say no
  19. Outlook not so good
  20. Very doubtful
Contest Ends: Sept 1. The winner will be posted the same day. Any other questions just ask.  

Disclosure: This site is an affiliate with RPGNOW.com. The Banner below includes my affiliate identification and I receive a token % if you decide to purchase something from the landing page.

RPGNow.com