Friday, January 20, 2017

Submissions Open: The Rifter

Rifter #62
The Rifter is a quarterly publication by Palladium Books, which has been publishing game content for the last twenty years. The rate of pay is approximately $10 per printed page of text, which-typically, at best guess (at approximately 800 words per printed page of text), works out to about 1-2 cent(s) per word.

The Rifter publishes a wide variety of game content under Palladium Books in-house dice mechanic system, coined the Megaversal System.

My experience in publishing material with Palladium Books was mediocre, for reasons I won't discuss. I'd recommend you look over their publishing agreement before writing/submitting content. The company is notorious for making changes to what their freelancers produce (and such I might add, is within their right via their publishing agreement).

You can take a closer look at what they are looking for in regards to writing submissions Here and their freelancer agreement is here.

Note: Submissions Open intends to be a freelancer's resource for the RPG Industry. If you're a publisher or game creator and interested in promoting a need for freelance writers or artists, drop me a line and I'll post your company data here on this blog. If you're a writer/artist looking for gigs click away.

Disclosure: The banner below includes my affiliate identification. I receive a token % if you purchase something and doing so supports this humble blog-thank you.
.
RPGNow.com