Note: Red text, my emphasis
Savage Worlds Explorer, Pinnacle’s new, ongoing publication, was successfully launched this past weekend at the 2017 Origins Game Fair and now, we’re reaching out to you for content for future issues. If you’ve ever wanted to write official (yes, official) Savage Worlds material for Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Savage Worlds Explorer is precisely what you’ve been waiting for.
Whether you’re an established RPG author or a first-timer looking to get your foot in the door, we want to hear your ideas! Here are some quick and dirty guidelines on what we’re lookin’ for:
- Adventures: 5,000 words. Stand-alone Savage Tales for any of Pinnacle’s Savage Settings or Companions. (For Licensee settings, please contact the company directly for permission!)
- Creature Features: 2,500 words. Include creature descriptions and statistics, along with ecology, legends, or other information as applicable/interesting.
- Character Archetypes: 2,000 words. Include any and all critical mechanics with your query.
- New Weapons, Vehicles, Mechs, Gear
, etc.: 2,000 words. Devoted to a single item or a compendium of related goods.
- Something Completely Different: 2-3,000 words. Maybe it’s a useful genre rule we overlooked in Savage Worlds Deluxe, or a suite of Setting Rules to facilitate underwater or ethereal adventuring, or… something else!
|Savage Worlds Explorer #1|
I contacted Editor-in-Chief Mathew Cutter (fitting name, for an editor) with a couple of questions and he replied the next day. Rate of Pay is between 3-5 cents per word, dependent on the freelancer's experience and the quality of the writing. The turnaround from when you pitch an article (and it's accepted), and are expected to have it written, is between 60-90 days.
Issues 1-4 are currently available in PDF on the Pinnacle Entertainment Group Inc. site (here) as well as with One Book Shelf (drivethrurpg & rpgnow here, or click on the product image). As of yet, Savage Worlds Explorer, doesn't have a dead tree version.
Best of luck to submitters!
Note: Submissions Open intends to be a freelancer's resource for the RPG Industry. If you're a publisher or game creator and interested in promoting a need for freelance writers or artists, drop me a line and I'll post your company data here on this blog. If you're a writer/artist looking for gigs click away.