If your pitch is accepted and the stretch goal (for your piece) is met, you'll be expected to expand the 100 word pitch, into a superhero themed, micro-setting of 1500 words. Rate of pay is $0.10/word. I've copy/pasted the call below. But if you're interest click here, and head over to the submission page on GKG's website.
We’re opening up the floodgates, and allowing anyone who wants to submit a pitch for a micro-setting to do so. Anyone is welcome to apply, and this is a paying gig, at the Gallant Knight Games standard professional rate.
Some details about micro-settings:
- Micro-settings are 1500 words in length.
- Your pitch shouldn’t be more than 100 words long.
- There is no rules writing involved (just “fluff”.)
- You won’t have to start writing until your stretch goal is hit on the Kickstarter.
- You will be paid the GKG standard rate of $0.10 USD per word (ten cents USD per word.)
- We’re aiming to have Tiny Supers on Kickstarer in May, and you would be expected to deliver the final product to us for editing by the end of June.
Many thanks to Egg Embry who shot me an email about GKG's open call.
If the submission call for Gallant Knight Games isn't your cup of coffee, but you're still interested in writing/creating for the role-playing game (RPG) industry, check out my RPG Submissions Open Page (link to that page, which is also a tab at the top); a list of RPG and third party publishing companies, that pay freelancers for RPG content, reviews, news and other various things. Know of such a company, and aware of an open call? Contact me, or leave a comment.